What to Eat When You Are A Diabetic: Living With Diabetes

 What to Eat When You Are A Diabetic: Living With Diabetes

The big question - what should you eat when you are a diabetic?  I have read a lot about this, discussed it with doctors, family, even gym trainers but in the end, it was more of self-discovery.

What to Eat When You Are A Diabetic: Living With Diabetes

What we should eat depends on our life's routine, blood sugar levels, needs, and other medical conditions.

For me, my Blood count has been high from few months, the problem is eating the wrong food. Now I do not take insulin or any kind of medicines to control my blood sugar levels, I have controlled my blood sugar levels for a long time without them, the only problem is that I have to check my blood sugar count at regular intervals.

But in a way that helped me understand what foods are good for me and what is not.

Best foods & drinks if you are a Diabetic according to me ( LIst 1) : 

Cucumber: First of all it's summer and that is the first reason I love Cucumbers as they are cool. but apart from that cucumber is a great way to stay fit, with 95% water and just 16 calories per 100 grams this is something you can eat without thinking twice. also, cucumber contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin. More than that it is enriched with lots of vitamins and contains a good amount of potassium which lowers Blood Pressure. It is something you should include in your plate :) Just eat a bowl of it with some salt and squeeze a lemon, it tastes delicious :)



Strawberry: I love them, with just 33 calories per 100 grams they are small packets of yummy happiness. boosts immunity, fights cancer and bad cholesterol, is good for the eyes,  lowers blood pressure, and being so low on calorie count that it is surely a good choice.



Beans: all types of beans are good for health, I love kidney beans the most, rich in protein and potassium, they are a great food to include in the diet, all types of beans are good, have 2 to 4 servings of them in a week.



Tomatoes: They work wonders for me, with just 18 calories and packed with awesome vitamins and potassium, you can not skip this food, plus this contains Lycopene which is also good for health. Also, it helps in weight loss plus does not increase your Blood sugar. Include it in your daily meals.



Capsicum - It is packed with lots of potassium, vitamin C, and other vitamins, helps in weight loss, speeds up your metabolism which is actually good, and has just 40 calories every 100 grams.



Almonds - Rich in magnesium this helps in cutting the risk of developing diabetes and also helps control it. I eat 3-4 almonds, 3 times a day, and its helping :)



Spinach - Another good source of magnesium, Spinach is one of the vegetables you should have at least 2 to 4 servings a week, good for health. and just have 23 calories in every 100 grams :)



Walnuts - This is what I had read in a Readers Digest article and had kept it to remind me of it "scientists have found them to have antioxidant, anticancer, antiviral, and anti-high cholesterol actions. These powers can help stop and reverse the progression of chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. ", and it is very good for health and helps controls diabetes but do not eat in large quantities, eat it like a medicine, 2-3 walnut daily that too break it in small portions and eat it at regular intervals.


Cinnamon : Cinnamon is rich in chromium, a mineral that enhances the effects of insulin. Just have a spoon of it daily and you will see the change in your Blood Sugar count. One of the most trusted way to lower your Blood Sugar.




Guava - One of my favourite fruit, this fruit has so many benefits, great source of vitamin C, and other vitamins like Vitamin A, good source of potassium and over all something you should include in your diet. It is very good for overall well being :)




Wonder Drinks to stay fit and helps you control your Blood sugar count: First is surely water, pure plain water which is really good, drink at least 8 glasses of water. Apart from that, you can include wheatgrass juice, coconut water, Beetroot-carrot-apple juice, Lemon water, and other juice of low-calorie fruits and vegetables, just don't add sugar to it.
So this was my list 1 of food which I found great in dealing with diabetes, they are my weapons to fight diabetes and stay healthy :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY SHOULD YOU SWITCH TO NATURAL Skincare?